Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Missing functional Test

Had an 2018 Buick Envision 2.0 With a code U1510, ECM lost communication with LIN bus . This would indicate that the ECM lost communication with the Active Air Shutter. Part of the diagnosis is to do a functional test of the Active Air Shutter. I did not find the test in the functional tests menu in the ECM. I would not think the test would be in any other module as the Shutter is connected to the ECM.
    Attached Files
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

With 21.2.2 "Active Grille Air Shutter 1" and 2 are the second and third tests,just after A/C Compressor Clutch Relay.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

What scanner platform are you seeing this in ? I have both the Verus Edge and Apollo D9 with the latest software and updates.

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

Apollo D9,and I just checked Solus Edge and it's there as well.Engine/Functional Tests/Output Controls.

Edit: I also don't see auto start/stop in your list,but are in mine.
        Last edited by Glide; 08-28-2021, 05:41 AM. Reason: to add info

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

Are you checking a 2018 Buick Envision ? I auto ID ed the vehicle. I don't have the vehicle with me here now so I can't check. A 2018 Traverse does come up with the shutter functions.

Comment

• Glide
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by greasybob
            Are you checking a 2018 Buick Envision ? I auto ID ed the vehicle. I don't have the vehicle with me here now so I can't check. A 2018 Traverse does come up with the shutter functions.
            I manual ID'd the vehicle exactly as you described it.I don't have one here at this time.Try your Apollo with not hooked to a vehicle and enter the vehicle manually.Maybe there is an issue with the vehicle that it doesn't see the air shutter.
            Corrosion at the air shutter connector is an issue that I see often in some GM models.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

I apologize, my bad. The 2018 Envision has a 2.5 not a 2.0, but it is still equipped with a front shutter that operates on the same principle. It doesn't make any difference if I enter the vehicle manually, no functional output test for the shutters. The vehicle was at a body shop when I looked at it earlier this week so my scanners were not connected any wifi. It seems that my Verus Edge did not save the vehicle in the history, not sure why, just had the screen shot of the functional tests that I saved. I found the session saved in my Apollo D9 with the VIN.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Glide
                • Jan 2015

Yup,that is the difference,my list matches yours.Seems that they forgot to include some tests for 2.5 engine.Maybe you should start a 21.2 software issues thread.

Comment

Working...