What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MauiRyan
    • Jan 2022

Mode 6 description of tests

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

2018 Ford Escape, there is no option to access the trailer control module for codes or data. My Autel does give me access. Common problem, signal lights flash fast because Trailer module senses a trailer is connected but the signal and brake lights are burned out. Without the Trailer Module data you would not know that it senses there's a trailer hooked up. The problem is a slight short to ground in the trailer light harness.
      Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Reposting with compressed photos for easier viewing

2018 Ford Escape, there is no option with my Zeus 22.4 to access the trailer control module for codes or data. My Autel does give me access. Common problem, signal lights flash fast because Trailer module senses a trailer is connected but the signal and brake lights are burned out. Without the Trailer Module data you would not know that it senses there's a trailer hooked up. The problem is a slight short to ground in the trailer light harness.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

Thanks Bob

I will forward this post later today

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Ford bcm crash status reset

Recently had a Ford Transit Connect from the Body Shop that had an airbag event. After replacing the Air Bag Module I still had a code B1492 stored in the BCM. You can not clear this code with normal code clearing because it's more of a parameter reset. Currnetl Snap On does not offer this function. I found it on my Autel. It's in the airbag menu under functios and listed as BCM Crash Status Reset. I should mention that this code will occur after an airbag event in all similar models, Escape, Focus and Transit Connect 2011 through about 2020 and I have never been able to clear it with a Snap On scanner. Leaving this code in the module will disable some functions including a no start on some some models.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Steve6911
              • Feb 2007

Bob

Please PM me year make model engine and vin. Also the tool you are using and the build number of the software so I can request this function be added.

THANKS!
              Steve

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

I have another one for you. A 2014 Ram Pro Master 2500 with a 3.6 has an engine/transmission code of P1C4F. This is an information code telling you that there is a code stored in the ESM (Electronic Shift Module) or shifter assembly. Problem is that none of my scanners including my up to date Zeus has an option for the ESM. I'm pretty sure that the code set because the ESM and the transmission range sensor did not agree with each other. The ESM is on the CAN network according to the schematics. Would be nice to know the code and see the data from this module. Maybe it should show up in the data list from another module ? I can PM you the VIN if you would like.
                Last edited by greasybob; 07-01-2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• greasybob
                  • May 2008

2020 Nissan Frontier Park Release

Had a 2020 Nissan Frontier today that I needed to get into neutral with out the vehicle running. This truck has what I believe to be A ZF 8 speed transmission similar to what Mopar's have despite it having a shifter instead of a dial. The shifter is electronic. Unlike the Mopar's however there is no park release cable. To put the vehicle in neutral and to get it to stay in neutral you have to use your scanner to access the Cancel Automatic Park Function. My Zeus 23.2 did not have this function, in fact it has no bi-direction controls for this transmission. My Autel does have this transmission control function as well as a few others. Vin number is in the photos.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

A little further research and it seems the transmission looks like a ZF (plastic pan) but is made by Jatco and is a 9 speed. And there is a procedure for over riding the auto park without a scan tool, but it's like 18 steps long so the scanner method is much better.
                    Last edited by greasybob; 08-08-2023, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...