Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corvette Rick
    • Jul 2020

Verus Edge Windows 10 Upgrade

I haven't found much info on people doing the upgrade on a Verus Edge to windows 10. Snap On wont address it, and I even asked Jason Gabrenas himself and he said its a Legacy platform and hes going to leave it at that. Isn't the Zeus literally the exact same hardware? Why would it not be supported and put into Legacy when the hardware is the same as the current flagship tool?
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

"the Zeus literally the exact same hardware". Yes. Yes, it is. There are computer programs ("Speccy" is a good free one) that you can use to determine EXACTLY what is inside any Windows computer. The shop has a Zeus and I have a Verus Edge and I checked.
    I also doubled the ram in my Edge but side by side I can see very little speed improvement.

Snap On doesn't like to talk about how the Edge and Zeus are the exact same thing. They charged a lot of people a LOT of extra money for that extra "Intelligent Diagnostics" app they stuck on a Verus Edge with different case.

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

Hmmm.... smelled fishy early on, but the reps were sure pushing it hard. When I seen the price with the "intelligent diag" option, i backed out in a heartbeat. Many of us on here wouldn't benefit much from that portion of the tool as we'd know where to test and if we're going to pinpoint test, we'd use our CTM anyways inside any of our older tools. And that info will never leave our tool, regardless of what update we're on.

Thanks for that info, and I'll be sure to inform others if they're going that route

Tom
      "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Corvette Rick
        • Jul 2020

Intelligent Diagnostics sounds great, except in my opinion it leans towards mechanics who are part changers and don't diagnosis vehicles correctly. If you don't know how to navigate a tool and the items to look at having a system that holds your hand isn't going to teach you anything if you scan a vehicle and everything is highlighted in red, basically REPLACE THIS. I've had mechanics tell me its better to replace a part based on likely repair then take the extra time to diagnosis it and verify the part has failed, because it takes longer and they don't get paid for it. I think intelligent diagnostics hurts the trade because it makes mechanics lazier then they already are.

Comment

• BRIAN617
          • Dec 2016

Agree completely. We bought our Verus Edge for 1/2 price when they launched the Zues.

Comment

• phill57
            • Oct 2007

Zeus versus Edge

Just had this discussion with my rep. He was trying to get me to "upgrade" into a Zeus. I have my Edge running just fine. Even have additional diagnostic software installed on it. Doubled the ram and changed out the HD for a bigger one so actually my hardware is better than the Zeus. I'm not particularly sold on the Intelligent Diagnostics so don't see the benefit at this time.

Comment

• ASEMASTER
              • Aug 2019

I was able to upgrade to windows 10 on the verus edge and get everything work. The S button and everything works. I cloned the hard drive on my Zues and used it on my verus edge. Uninstalled the Diagnostic suite that the Zues uses after installing the cloned disk in the verus edge. Installed the one that the Verus Edge uses. Moved my license file over and everything works.

Comment

• phill57
                • Oct 2007

Upgrading to WIN 10

I commend you for your perseverance but I'm good with Win 7. I honestly don't see what the benefit is unless I'm missing something. The hardware in the Zeus and Edge does not meet minimum standards for most OE diagnosis so Win 10 does not help. Up until about 6 months ago I was running Ford IDS and and GM MDS on my Edge running win 7 but it finally was not able to update mainly because of the hardware limitations.

Comment

Working...