Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGunXpo
    • Sep 2021

Software issue or scam?

i bought the zeus about a month ago, was told it can program and connect to almost every car, best part is i was gave a scanner that was used by a Rep as his demo, not knowing at the time his was a windows 7, used is and what do you know it was able to do everything, i realized is was windows 7 so i let my rep know and they gave me a new windows 10, when i went to use it on one of the cars i previously connected to with the windows 7 scanner i wasnt able to connect anymore, this is where i knew paying 13k wasnt really worth it because they dont give you all the software. feels like a scam and now im stuck with a tool that can even program or connect to most cars.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Welcome to the boards.

Aftermarket reprogramming is done with a J2534 Pass Thru Programmer. Not a scanner. You can run the J2534 Toolbox software on your Zeus, but using your scanner to flash program isn't the way to go. Get a separate PC for doing it. You'll be better off for lots of reasons.

Changing the OS from Win7 to Win 10 won't affect scanner coverage. Something's wrong. Call Tech Support.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by TheGunXpo
      i bought the zeus about a month ago, was told it can program and connect to almost every car, best part is i was gave a scanner that was used by a Rep as his demo, not knowing at the time his was a windows 7, used is and what do you know it was able to do everything, i realized is was windows 7 so i let my rep know and they gave me a new windows 10, when i went to use it on one of the cars i previously connected to with the windows 7 scanner i wasnt able to connect anymore, this is where i knew paying 13k wasnt really worth it because they dont give you all the software. feels like a scam and now im stuck with a tool that can even program or connect to most cars.
      Hi
      Joe is correct regarding the OS both win7 and win10 have the same software. Call customer support or pm me with your contact info and i will have one of my agent call you.

Regards
      Jay

Comment

Working...