Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Member General Discussion Forum > General Discussions > US Member User Group
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 09-13-2019, 10:15 AM

jm43130 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Witsend

Was just wondering why I hadn't seen any comments from Witsend lately, and low and behold, I see he was banned. Is he permanently banned? Or for just awhile? I miss his illogical comments.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:21 AM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

And you have to wonder what exact line he stepped over.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:20 AM

Modis500 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Funny thing, i was just thinking this exact thing to start a thread about. I don't mind seeing guys give their two cents on most subjects, but ALL OF THEM??? Seriously man. I don't know what got him canned, maybe the mod's were just a bit tired of seeing him chime in on every single thread.....

Just my own two cents.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:37 PM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modis500 View Post
Funny thing, i was just thinking this exact thing to start a thread about. I don't mind seeing guys give their two cents on most subjects, but ALL OF THEM??? Seriously man. I don't know what got him canned, maybe the mod's were just a bit tired of seeing him chime in on every single thread.....

Just my own two cents.
Maybe his "mods" er "meds" got a little out of hand....
He was a colourful character. Didn't agree with everything he posted but it sure was entertaining...LMAO
Old 09-23-2019, 09:05 AM

Hey Crusty! Long time since I've heard from you, how you been?
Yeah, Wits was always adding some comment that made you question if he was on Meds, or if he should've been!
Who knows, he'll probably be here again under a new pseudonym!

Tom
Old 09-24-2019, 06:09 PM
Snap-on DSD

Joe Rappa Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

That guy sure is a character. While he had some crazy posts he was never really a jerk to anyone. He did, on occasion, post some stuff that was pretty far out of bounds though. We had to explain him to a few new-comers when he would reply to their posts too. I don't believe he owned a Snap-on scanner, which made it kinda curious that he spent so much time here, but I was glad to have him around. He is certainly one of a kind.
Joe
Old 09-24-2019, 08:45 PM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

I understand he had and happily used a brick, an MT2500.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:55 AM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Hey Crusty! Long time since I've heard from you, how you been?
Yeah, Wits was always adding some comment that made you question if he was on Meds, or if he should've been!
Who knows, he'll probably be here again under a new pseudonym!

Tom
Good to see you're still around.
He posted some stuff probably just to "stir the pot" and then laugh about where the feathers flew.
Since SnapOn won't tell us why, we can only hypothesise why he was "banned".
Brings to question the "censorship" issue. Sure, some things are out of bounds as joe says, but, since they won't tell anyone, I for one, am sceptical that it could have been they didn't like his references to other make scan tools & equioment.
I think that is wrong philosophically. The SnapOn equipment SHOULD be capable of standing under the scrutiny of comparison and if it can't, then, well, it shouldn't be allowed to stand at all.
Freedom of speech & expression and truth are at stake.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:22 AM

Brings to question the "censorship" issue. Sure, some things are out of bounds as joe says, but, since they won't tell anyone, I for one, am sceptical that it could have been they didn't like his references to other make scan tools & equioment.
I think that is wrong philosophically. The SnapOn equipment SHOULD be capable of standing under the scrutiny of comparison and if it can't, then, well, it shouldn't be allowed to stand at all.
Freedom of speech & expression and truth are at stake.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Who's to know what happened. I'm the kind of guy who wants to come into a thread and look for answers and post when I see fit where i can help guide someone or give a definitive answer. What I don't want to see is the same person giving his/her two cents on EVERY post. That gets very annoying, like the know it all in school that had to say something everytime a question was brought forth. Anyways, glad to see all the regulars are still on here and I'm glad to be back surfing the threads for answers to some of my own questions

Tom
Old 09-28-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Freedom of speech & expression and truth are at stake.
Well said. Who's to know what happened. I'm the kind of guy who wants to come into a thread and look for answers and post when I see fit where i can help guide someone or give a definitive answer. What I don't want to see is the same person giving his/her two cents on EVERY post. That gets very annoying, like the know it all in school that had to say something everytime a question was brought forth. Anyways, glad to see all the regulars are still on here and I'm glad to be back surfing the threads for answers to some of my own questions

Tom[/QUOTE]

Hi Tom. As Joe mentioned, he never peed in anyone's corn flakes. He was just outspoken. while his post may be there, we didn't HAVE to read it.
As for reading, Apparently the lady who owns Chapters Book stores is Jewish, yet she did NOT ban the sale of Mein Kampf in her stores.
On forums such as these, as long as the discussion doesn't degrade to snarky insinuations or personal attacks, which become "irksome" (lmao), then differences of opinion should be welcomed.
Sometimes a very good idea comes from even the most inexperienced person.
I used to tell my apprentice what my mentor said to me...
"A good idea is a good idea, regardless of whether it comes from a first year apprentice or a licensed tradesman with 40 years of experience. A good idea is still a good idea".
Without freedom of speech, the good ideas would never see the light of day.