Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 02-08-2021, 03:32 AM

ephratah service center Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default missing pids

Snap on needs to stop removing PIDS from scanner I just purchased a non snap on scanner due to missing pids had an 2002 S10 2wd 2.2L and it is flex fuel but no alcohol % pid on Verus with current updates I guess snap on does not see why you would need it well if you attempt to set monitors and Alcohol pid is to high monitors will not set. But guess what the non snap on has the alcohol PID and the new scanner cost 1/3rd of what snap on cost and updates are cheaper if you miss a few updates not a big deal just pay original fee for update no extra fees but if you keep updates current it stays under warranty. I have to admit I miss shop stream but am learning to deal with it you can record and review data later but can not zoom in and out or put cursor in after it is recorded but can drop flags during recording session.You can print from scanner using the software for scanner and as I said before shop stream is good but i think shops are getting hosed on prices for updates and not having all the information that we needed.
I also know the new scanner will allow you to unlock GM radios if you get one from a junk yard and install it last I checked snap on does not give you that function.
Old 02-16-2021, 03:50 PM

dudzio Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default We wish it were that simple

Hi,

the parameter in question cannot be found on the Tech2Win (ver. 33.004) menu in any of the data lists available. It does not exist in GM engineering documentation for the year, make, model and engine either.
Since we, here at Snap-On Diagnostic, operate within copyright licensing environment, it is really difficult to make something out of nothing. We wish user looked at a broader picture before awarding us harsh comments. We try to deliver the best content available based on the information and licensing agreements we have with GM. We strive to include any updates to coverage as soon as we become aware of them. Our gold standard is factory scanner, if it cannot be found in Tech2/GDS2, then it will not be in our platform either. Best regards,

Peter Gasiorowski
Snap-On Diagnostics
VCS San Jose
Old 02-17-2021, 06:42 AM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudzio View Post
Hi,

the parameter in question cannot be found on the Tech2Win (ver. 33.004) menu in any of the data lists available. It does not exist in GM engineering documentation for the year, make, model and engine either.
Since we, here at Snap-On Diagnostic, operate within copyright licensing environment, it is really difficult to make something out of nothing. We wish user looked at a broader picture before awarding us harsh comments. We try to deliver the best content available based on the information and licensing agreements we have with GM. We strive to include any updates to coverage as soon as we become aware of them. Our gold standard is factory scanner, if it cannot be found in Tech2/GDS2, then it will not be in our platform either. Best regards,

Peter Gasiorowski
Snap-On Diagnostics
VCS San Jose
The Fuel Alcohol Content in %, and the Fuel Composition Sensor mS, and the Fuel Composition Hz, ARE in the data list for this E85 vehicle, so please CORRECT MISSING PIDS-!!!
Your website won't upload the HEIC picture of the pics in the data list that I have on my phone.
They ARE there-!!!

Converted from HEIC to JPG....nope....website didn't like the jpg either...
Let's see if it will allow another upload.....nope
The picture CLEARLY SHOWS the three pids IN THE SCAN TOOL DATA LIST ORIGINATING FROM GM.

Last edited by Crusty; 02-20-2021 at 10:36 AM..
Old 02-17-2021, 04:28 PM

ephratah service center Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudzio View Post
Hi,

Peter Gasiorowski
Snap-On Diagnostics
VCS San Jose
I can send you a screen shot of the scanner that I have with the alcohol pid so I guess the competition must have a double gold standard scanner cause they have something that apparently does not exist even though I have it in my scan tool.
There is also another issue with the Verus that had me chasing a problem that the Verus caused when the EVAP test attempts to run it will cause the Evap test to abort every time the new scanner non Snap On has no issue.

Last edited by ephratah service center; 02-18-2021 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: adding to post
Old 02-18-2021, 02:15 AM

There is also another issue with the Verus that had me chasing a problem that the Verus caused when the EVAP test attempts to run it will cause the Evap test to abort every time the new scanner non (Snap On) has no issue. I do not know why the Verus is doing this but it is, I have attempted to use the Verus multiple times after I discovered this issue and it aborts every time.
I would be careful calling this a Gold Standard scan tool with an issue like this.
I will admit that the shop stream connect is the best at reviewing data and saving files and I love the shop stream connect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abort evap 1.jpg (210.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 02-18-2021, 04:22 PM

alcohol Pids from my non Snap On scanner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel pids cropped.jpg (85.1 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-19-2021, 07:16 PM

GypsyR Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

"...cannot be found on the Tech2Win (ver. 33.004) menu in any of the data lists available. It does not exist in GM engineering documentation for the year, make, model and engine either."
OK. But apparently it exists, so how do you suppose the "other" people not only found it but put it on their scanner? Might be an opportunity to fill in more than just this single gap in scanner coverage if you guys could find out how they did it. That's how I look at it anyway.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:47 AM

Glide Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

The three fuel/alcohol pids are in "engine 3" data list on Tech2. The idea that this information wouldn't be available on a factory tool for a flex fuel vehicle wouldn't make any sense.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:51 AM

Crusty You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

The 3 pids ARE IN A LIST in an old AllData file that shows them in the "Engine Data 3" list. (As GLIDE is saying)
THAT was the picture I was trying to upload as unless someone actually sees it in a published list, which originated from GM, the people who rely on Mitchel won't acknowledge it.
It's also well known that "Tech2Win" is not as complete as the original TECH-2 scanner is, so relying on that for verification leads to assumptions that the pids arn't there.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:26 AM

SnapOnKid Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Even GM removed some of its own data between releases.

There is an older version 28.xxx that allowed you to reset the Oil percentage on the GMT 800 platforum trucks and SUVs. You could enter a specific value from 0-100% when doing an oil change. Such as 80% for customers that drove well past there oil change intervals so it would trigger the light sooner. While removing it may have made room for some new data until they released the new scan tool, It was a handy feature for cases like that.

That stupid oil change light took into account miles driven between resets which added time between oil changes and was never really accurate to begin with.