Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MCurtis
    • Oct 2009

Custom Data List Changed Appollo D8

I have been noticing for the past couple of years that when I am in any of the PCMs Data Pids I touch Custom Data Pids Because I only want to look at 4 or 5 pids, The program will take me back to the Main Data PID List, ie Engine, Fuel Trim, Misfire and not to the Data Premature List to let me choose what I want to look at... When I click on any of the Main Data PIDs it will remove the tick or add it and nothing else and I can not get into it to choose what I want... This isn't on any one car line, it is becoming more of the new vehicles.. Is this feature no longer working on new vehicles because of the Manufacturer... Because I check this with every up date I get through Snap on and still no change...
    On all older models it works like it should, but 90% of newer year Models like from 2017 to present it does this.
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

I had 2007 Jeep Wrangler yesterday where I just wanted to watch upstream o2's and had the same dilemma.

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by jm43130
      I had 2007 Jeep Wrangler yesterday where I just wanted to watch upstream o2's and had the same dilemma.
      It may not be as important a feature as it once was. One of the reasons for using the Custom PID list was to increase the refresh rate on older ECM/PCM when too many PIDS would slow the response time down. Watching early 90s Chrysler o2s comes to mind. Now ECM/PCMs refresh so much faster negating the feature. I'm not familiar with Appollo, but with Verus Edge you can select any amount of PIDs and then hit graph mode to isolate them.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Are you doing this? Choose the PIDS you want

12012001.BMP

Then click on the CIRCLED CHECK mark on the left side of the upper tool bar just to the right of the BACK arrow.
        You should get only the PIDS you selected

12012002.BMP
        Last edited by Steve6911; 01-20-2021, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• MCurtis
          • Oct 2009

Steve, look at the year of vehicle you are working on... 2007... The Problem is on some newer models only as I said 2017 and up...

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Sorry it was the vehicle I was working on at the time. Are you talking about when you have several sub systems within data?

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
              Snap-on D&I
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MCurtis
              I have been noticing for the past couple of years that when I am in any of the PCMs Data Pids I touch Custom Data Pids Because I only want to look at 4 or 5 pids, The program will take me back to the Main Data PID List, ie Engine, Fuel Trim, Misfire and not to the Data Premature List to let me choose what I want to look at... When I click on any of the Main Data PIDs it will remove the tick or add it and nothing else and I can not get into it to choose what I want... This isn't on any one car line, it is becoming more of the new vehicles.. Is this feature no longer working on new vehicles because of the Manufacturer... Because I check this with every up date I get through Snap on and still no change...
              On all older models it works like it should, but 90% of newer year Models like from 2017 to present it does this.
              On the vehicles you are not able to select the PIDs you want, are you using the arrow to open the list as circled here:
              Custom Data list menu_ Throttle list open_Arrow circled.bmp
              Some vehicles will allow PIDs to be selected from multiple data lists.
              For vehicles that do, when you select the custom list feature you will be presented with the data lists from which you can select PIDs. You can select all PIDs in a list by checking the box next to the list name. To select individual PIDS from a particular list, expand that list by taping on the right facing arrow next to the list name. This will expand the list and allow you to select individual PIDs. There are limitations on how many PIDs can be selected. The number of PIDs selected in each list is displayed to the right of the list name to help you manage the number of PIDs selected if you hit the limit.

Comment

• jm43130
                • Apr 2008

Thanks Rich, I hadn't figured out the tapping on right arrow icon and getting it to expand individual groups. That was my problem.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                  Snap-on D&I
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jm43130
                  Thanks Rich, I hadn't figured out the tapping on right arrow icon and getting it to expand individual groups. That was my problem.
                  That's great!
                  MCurtis didn't respond to Steve again so maybe he figured it out. I though I would Post that screen and explanation in case someone else had similar questions and happened onto the post.

Comment

Working...