Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > Verus User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 05-08-2015, 07:11 AM

snapon20r Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Splitting the screen on a verus

Hi guys, just wondering if it is possible to split the screen on the verus between the scan data screen and scope screen, for example I was testing a vent solenoid the other day, I wanted to activate the solenoid through functional tests and watch the multimeter graph screen at the same time. I thought my snapon guy said this was possible, but he did not know how and I haven't figured anything out yet. Wondering if this is possible?
Old 05-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Banned

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Thumbs up Dedicated Graphable External DVOM PID

If it's not available it's a good idea to make it available. I think even the base Snappy Scanners should offer (Fused) DVOM lead you can plug into the scanner and attach at the component side with a selectable graph-able Pid you can run next to the PID that the controller is seeing on it's end. I had an ancient Chrysler DRBII (looked like OTC monitor 2000) that had a single voltmeter lead for pin point voltage check. Certainly a dedicated PID could be made for that feature to run in graph or numeric form next to one of the other existing scanner PIDs
Old 05-08-2015, 09:34 AM

phill57 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Splitting the screen

Yes it is but the function could be a little better.

In order to do this you must use the Guided Component Tests function and then load the test meter or scope from there. Then you can click the Meter button and the instruction will disappear and the meter will be full screen, click it again and the meter will reduce the size and will float on top and can be dragged around the screen allowing you to go back to the bidirectional test in question. If you click outside the meter it will unfortunately minimize to the task bar but can be brought up. You can run both at the same time if you reduce the active frame and resize it accordingly and then enable the meter and move it to the other side of the screen.

It's too bad you can't do this from the labscope menu or GMM menu. At least I was never able to get that to work.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:53 AM

phill57 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Split Screen

Here is a screen capture. I used the Demonstration vehicle and a bidirectional test of the EVAP Vent Solenoid and the component test.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150508-1244-1.jpg (106.4 KB, 150 views)
Old 05-08-2015, 10:19 AM

Wheel Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by phill57 View Post
Yes it is but the function could be a little better.

In order to do this you must use the Guided Component Tests function and then load the test meter or scope from there. Then you can click the Meter button and the instruction will disappear and the meter will be full screen, click it again and the meter will reduce the size and will float on top and can be dragged around the screen allowing you to go back to the bidirectional test in question. If you click outside the meter it will unfortunately minimize to the task bar but can be brought up. You can run both at the same time if you reduce the active frame and resize it accordingly and then enable the meter and move it to the other side of the screen.

It's too bad you can't do this from the labscope menu or GMM menu. At least I was never able to get that to work.

Hope this helps.
Yep ! streamlining this process should definitely be a very high priority on their verus "to do" list. It's a lot less incentive to buy and use a high end tool like this if it is difficult to use.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:52 AM

jgabren Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

You can still use all of the functions of the full lab scope module while doing this. The CTM module is the only module that allows the scope to be put in a window. Before you leave the CTM screen to go to the scanner module, click the button that looks like 2 arrows on the bottom right a couple of times. That will allow you to turn on the other 3 channels, as well as change your probe type, sweep, and scale. Anything you can do in the lab scope module.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141106-0901-3.jpg (161.4 KB, 113 views)
Old 06-30-2015, 01:19 PM

snapon20r Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thanks guys, got it figured out.