Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

what did they break this time Nick-??

I have received nine (9) email notifications today, all saying they were related to the "Join the Suretrack Users Group" and the replies are totally unrelated to what is in the conversation.

The latest one is begging someone to close the question as unrelated replies are somehow getting into the thread and sending email notifications.

When I click on the link in the email, not only is the site S L O W to open, it doesn't open AT ALL.

Hence my question....what did they break this time Nick-??

It seems software people are breaking more than they're fixing these days, and not just on the Suretrack site.....

OK, I'm a BAD BOY for stating the OBVIOUS......
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

It also seems that there are questions that have post dates from several months ago but only replies dated for today ????

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
      Administrator
      • Jan 2014

Please continue to point out problems. I appreciate it.

As for this issue, looks like DynoDave was trying to reply to one post and it ended up in this post instead. I've seen this happen occasionally. I'll have to see if I can track it down and get it fixed.
      SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• MasterWrench
        • Oct 2006

Yesterday and today when I click on the link in an email it takes me to the question. When I try to reply I get the error page and then have to go to the home page back to the question and rewrite my response. Is anyone else having problems?
        MasterWrench

Comment

• ericsautomotive
          • Mar 2014

I've sen it a couple of times MasterWrench. What does it say at the bottom of the error page ??
          Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• MasterWrench
            • Oct 2006

It looks like this...
            Attached Files
            MasterWrench

Comment

• ericsautomotive
              • Mar 2014

Well now I haven't seen the doc=question thingy ?? WOW.....
              Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• MasterWrench
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by ericsautomotive
                Well now I haven't seen the doc=question thingy ?? WOW.....

Every question I get in email I get that either when I click the link in the email or I try to respond if by chance the link does take me to the question.
                MasterWrench

Comment

• ericsautomotive
                  • Mar 2014

I was having so many issues with answering question from my email. I quit trying to and went to the site verse linking in through the email.... Might try doing that... Just a thought...
                  Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2014

Can you give me an example of one that causes this error? Copy the content from the e-mail into a reply.

Also tell me what browser you are using. I'm going to have them try and restart the e-mail service to see if it corrects it.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2014

The e-mail links should be working now. Note that anything between Sunday and early this morning will probably still not work but e-mails going forward should.

Please do report this if it happens again but if you could use the Support button in SureTrack to do it, it will get a faster response.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

• MasterWrench
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
                        Can you give me an example of one that causes this error? Copy the content from the e-mail into a reply.

Also tell me what browser you are using. I'm going to have them try and restart the e-mail service to see if it corrects it.
                        It has not happened again at all today.... so maybe it was fixed in the update..I will let you know if it happens again
                        MasterWrench

Comment

Working...