Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadams
    • Mar 2016

22.4 Software

What is everyone's thoughts on the cover page that now prints with a code scan? Waste of Paper & Ink. Anyway to disable it?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Sometimes I give it to the customers, sometimes I don't. If I don't want it printed when I go to print I just go to Custom and don't inculde that page/pages.

Capture.JPG

Steve

Comment

• Tech_A
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Steve6911
      Sometimes I give it to the customers, sometimes I don't. If I don't want it printed when I go to print I just go to Custom and don't inculde that page/pages.

[ATTACH]26942[/ATTACH]

Steve
      When and why would you give it to customers?

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Tech_A
        When and why would you give it to customers?
        Because the "proof is in the pudding". Since the early days of Code Scans saving as PDFs, I have been uploading them to whatever digital inspection report the shop I was working at had. First, you have a record of all DTCs prior to putting your hands on the vehicle. Second, when/if said vehicle returned for other service or if a warning indicator was on and the customer states "That pesky light is back on" you could demonstrate that it might be a different DTC (as in NOT a comeback). Third, whoever comes behind you to service that vehicle will have better documentation on prior work. Having to manually write down on a work order any DTCs retrieved was a big pain, and sometimes got lost by service writers, and left room for dishonesty.
        S. Breland

Comment

• ronald316@
          • Aug 2020

nice tounch

has a shop owner it give s it a nice professional look.when you give it the customer so he can see the codes for himself

Comment

Working...