What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
    Good Find Bob!!! I Haven't come across one my self yet But then again I have only had my new Verus a month.

I hope they bring back the full vin feature in the new update.
    VIN display has been in the GM scanners.....forever.....
    It USED to be in the SnapOn menus, but now, they have REMOVED?? IT??....
    Now, back to what i just said a minute ago..........
    MISSING IS BROKEN.....

ANY pid the software people remove is WRONG, on ANY vehicle. For crying out loud...the manufacturers put pids in the datastream for a reason-!! Heck, we can't get enough information....it ALL helps sort out the diagnosis of cause & effect....

For ANY software person to remove ANY pid is wrong. If I don't need it, I WILL cull it out with custom data list or, save everything and review the data and cull out a pid with the NOW MISSING "edit" function.

Just wait and see. They'll remove the edit button in a new SSC version and then it's "missing", so then they'll claim missing isn't broken......
    Good God Almighty-!!!! Get your heads outta your hienies-!!!!!!!

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

08 Suburban LC9 engine

Recently working on an 08 Chevy Suburban with the LC9 VIN 3 5.3 engine that there was no option in the main menu or data option in the engine menu for the fuel pump control module. The vehicle is defenitely equipped with one. If I entered the vehicle as an 09 it would appear and was functional. This was using 10.2 software so maybe the ommision has already been corrected. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Sorry forgot the VIN 1GNFK16388J128690

Comment

• kebo1970
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 66superduty
          i 2nd everything kebo said except i need all the cars and light trucks and all the functions. and the style of screen the scanner (verus ) had when i bought it!!!!!! . i work in a shop that works on everything on every car an truck.
          theres only one way to get all the cars and all the functions; the factory tools are the way to go. lets be REASONABLE with our request. stuff like memory seat modules are not things we work on everyday(like the request anyway). programming is best done with the factory tools; theres no way snap on can compete with the factory stuff. remember the verus,modis,and verdict are generic scanners with generic coverage. i want more functions too; more realistic functions.

Comment

• 66superduty
            • Apr 2009

for the price i dont think its crazy to want everything. unreasonable lets see, ids with 2 yrs of updates from xl is less than 3000.00 , you just covered everything for all ford products, how much for gm and chysler, about the same as verus now but not all features. most jap stuff covered some what with one of these scanners. add limited euro support another 1200.00 and 2000.00 a year for updates now 1st year we are at about 15,000.00 and cant fix all cars. the indepandant shop that is going to survive has to do the stuff no one else wants to do. snap-on markets to independant shops. what we are all saying is HELP, we dont think we are getting enough for the price.you can get on me for my ideas and you can tell your buddies in the shop look this old man dont spell right and he dont puncuate correctly, but my understanding of this bussniss is well grounded in 40 years of being in it.25yrs ago we paid 15,000.00 for big screen scopes to try and see inside a distrubutor, i would like to think there are those among us who would pay more for more ,but the big noise is it aint cost efective as is

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Crusty
              MISSING IS BROKEN.....

ANY pid the software people remove is WRONG, on ANY vehicle. For crying out loud...the manufacturers put pids in the datastream for a reason-!! Heck, we can't get enough information....it ALL helps sort out the diagnosis of cause & effect....

For ANY software person to remove ANY pid is wrong. If I don't need it, I WILL cull it out with custom data list or, save everything and review the data and cull out a pid with the NOW MISSING "edit" function.

Just wait and see. They'll remove the edit button in a new SSC version and then it's "missing", so then they'll claim missing isn't broken......
              Your point is well made. Once a feature is put in a tool. it should not be
              taken away, unless it harms the function of the tool. This is why there is so much anger with what 10.4 did to the Verus. The concept of removing old information to make room for newer is also unacceptable in a tool. Snap On has been guilty of this in the past. I hope they now realize that taking away features is something they will no longer be
              able to get away with. I can be patient waiting for a feature to be added
              that was never there, but I feel we have the right to expect what is already there to stay there, and I, for one, seriously lose patience and trust when this is not so.
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
                Recently working on an 08 Chevy Suburban with the LC9 VIN 3 5.3 engine that there was no option in the main menu or data option in the engine menu for the fuel pump control module. The vehicle is defenitely equipped with one. If I entered the vehicle as an 09 it would appear and was functional. This was using 10.2 software so maybe the ommision has already been corrected. Thanks
                Don't that 10.2 software look good? Aren't you glad you didn't
                "upgrade" to 10.4?
                You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
                  Another good find bob. I think you mentioned it before some were else but thats why I started this thread, to try and keep all this stuff together when they fix or update the software.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                    • Jan 2011

MISSING IS BROKEN.....

I feel your right, The more info the better. For the price of lets say a verus you should get the factory functions and data esspecially with 2 updates a year and there additional cost... I have no problem spending the money on the tool or the updates, but I want to get what I am paying for... A brand new top of the line wizz bang laptop and cable interface with OEM type coverage from another company is alot cheaper... They may not have good customer service but thats another story...

any other specific coverage we need to press for???

Comment

• badcoupe
                      • Jan 2011

99 grandprix se 3.8 motor abs codes came up in the datastream only as numbers no description. I never got to try the 10.2 as my verdict is my first SO scanner but it looks alot better than what I'm working with. The software on this is driving me crazy they remotely updated it for me but it's still buggy as hell. When you're entering a vehicle and select say a chevy truck then the next screen is still all chevy models cars and all, WTF? seems to defeat the purpose of the screen you just came from. I miss my mentor terribly, seriously regretting buying SO. for 3 times the money I got less I feel. troubleshooter is a joke as well in my book. I've pretty pissed since I bought this turd. I'd used bricks and ethos in the past that other people owned and thought they were rather backwards, but thought they ironed out with the verus/verdict but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                        • Jan 2011

I just wanted to say good job guys!!! Keep this stuff coming. I updated the list on the first post to reflect some of our major needs. We are all pulling together and coming up with great stuff !!! All of our shops are different and we are all in different areas but by posting what we all need from our Scan tools you can see were not so different. Hopefully snap on will get rolling on some of these needed features...

Comment

• Crusty
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by kebo1970
                          theres only one way to get all the cars and all the functions; the factory tools are the way to go. lets be REASONABLE with our request. stuff like memory seat modules are not things we work on everyday(like the request anyway). programming is best done with the factory tools; theres no way snap on can compete with the factory stuff. remember the verus,modis,and verdict are generic scanners with generic coverage. i want more functions too; more realistic functions.
                          How about if they started with INCLUDING ALL THE PIDS-!!

Comment

• Jay G.
                            Administrator
                            • Dec 2006

MISSING IS BROKEN.....

Crusty,
                            It’s good to see your dial up is working, but you seem more disgruntled than usual what’s up?
                            I can tell you that the “Edit list” button in SSC will not be removed, as I have stated in previous post it is a bug (yes we know it’s broken) and we are working on it.
                            Jay

Comment

• Wheel
                              • Jul 2007

How about if they started with INCLUDING ALL THE PIDS-!!
                              Whether or not they did anything else, they should first do this.
                              To me, this is basics, the foundation. If you don't have a good foundation,
                              then whatever you build on it will fall down flat. I'd rather they have 100%
                              of the pids for a given car even before adding the first bi directional control.

Comment

• Crusty
                                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Jay G.
                                Crusty,
                                It’s good to see your dial up is working, but you seem more disgruntled than usual what’s up?
                                I can tell you that the “Edit list” button in SSC will not be removed, as I have stated in previous post it is a bug (yes we know it’s broken) and we are working on it.
                                Jay
                                Jay. It's only been OVER THREE FRICKEN YEARS-!! Missing IS broken.

See the next post from WHEEL.

HE "gets it"

It's BASIC.

Even if they fix the edit button, the pids are still missing, so saving the data is USELESS 'cause we don't have all the information and we won't even need the edit button.

Scanners that lock up....basic

Pids missing......basic

Values & scales different than the service manuals....basic

Bi-directional commands not even in the scan tool (missing)....basic

Bi-directional commands that don't work.
                                (eg; ) Fuel pump commands that don't turn on fuel pumps...basic.

Blue tooth & touch screens ain't gonna fix XXXX when the basics are messed up.

Jay. I'm gonna say right here and publicly that YOU are one of the few at SnapOn who gives a rats-pitoot & is helping. Letting people know what is in the works helps. Giving feedback helps. Actually listening to us, the purchasers and real-world users of SO equipment helps.

Thanks for all you do-!!!

Is that crusty enough for ya...LOL
                                Crusty
                                Last edited by Steve6911; 03-17-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Working...