Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christopher
    • May 2007

Vantage Pro vs Volvo Vantage Pro Update

Alright my shop has a Volvo Vantage Pro, I have a regular VP.

I see there is a new update for the Volvo VP, and the 6.4 has been out for awhile.

What my question is, does the 6.4 Update contain everything the Volvo update does???I am sure the Volvo update doesn't contain anything but Volvo stuff.

If not, is it possible to switch back and forth between the two systems, the 6.4 card and the Volvo card??

Thanks.
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

There has been alot of discussion about Volvo on these boards lately and guessing by the discussions and the fact that the "Volvo" VP is for Volvo, I doubt that it can be switched....

Very good question, and I'm sure the answer may be just as interesting
    MasterWrench

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Yes there has been a lot of talk about Volvo lately, but NO answers, at least from Snap-on. I know the name of the site is Ask-A-Tech but when a tech asks SO a question (i.e. me asking if Volvo will added to their scanner or drgino1 asking about Nissan idle relearns) and there is no response, that?s pretty poor. This site is owned by SO not just sponsoring a forum like on I-atn, so you would think you could get an answer wouldn?t you?

Steve

Comment

• Joshua Covington
        • Aug 2006

Let me give this a shot.

The Volvo Vantage PRO is an Essential Tool for Volvo Cars of North America. "Essential" means that Volvo has deemed it mandatory for all of their retailers to have this tool. As Christopher mentioned, Volvo has just announced the update.

This software update for the Volvo Vantage PRO is unique to Volvo retailers. It is not the same software as Snap-on's version of Vantage PRO offered to the general public by the Snap-on Tool Franchisee.

In general, It's safe to say that the volvo edition gets greater volvo specific coverage before Snap-on and the Snap-on version gets greater "all makes" coverage before Volvo.

--Josh
        Snap-on Diagnostics
        Program Manager

Comment

• DougMontgomery
          • Jul 2007

Soooooo, is this to say that the Volvo coverage WILL be added to the Snap_on coverage in the near future?

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Oh NO, he didn't say that! The question about the V-pro was answered but NOT about the scanner coverage. So I will take that as a NO. Seems to be SO's way of answering questions they don't want to!

Comment

• Joshua Covington
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by DougMontgomery
              Soooooo, is this to say that the Volvo coverage WILL be added to the Snap_on coverage in the near future?
              Yes... The Snap-on version of Vantage PRO will see 2006 models in the 7.4 release and 2007 models in future releases.

--Josh
              Snap-on Diagnostics
              Program Manager

Comment

• Joshua Covington
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Steve6911
                This post is titled "Vantage PRO vs Volvo Vantage PRO Update".

I'll go find the other post and see if I can help you out so we can keep this on topic. EDIT: Here it is.

--Josh
                Last edited by Joshua Covington; 08-16-2007, 10:51 AM.
                Snap-on Diagnostics
                Program Manager

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

Yes I know that is the title but the Vantage has had Volvo for some time now. I think Doug was also asking as I was about the scanner coverage.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Joshua Covington
                    Yes... The Snap-on version of Vantage PRO will see 2006 models in the 7.4 release and 2007 models in future releases.

--Josh
                    Thanks

Comment

Working...