X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • widget2k4
    • May 2009

what scanner

hi everyone.
    i am just thinking of getting a decent scan tool for my garage,its just a small garage that does few repairs,we currently use just a obd2 code reader tool but more and more cars are coming in with problems it cant find.
    can anyone suggest which tool to buy,i am a novice with scan tools.
    i dont want one thats complicated to use,also what costs are involved with the snap on tools for upgrading etc,do they expire if you dont get them upgraded?
    also do they adjust things on vw's audi's like conveniences i.e central locking,welcome lights etc.
    sorry for all the questions.
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

I would recommend a Solus Pro. The updates are about every 6 months and are done by a flash program on a CF card. The program does not expire, but as you can tell from other posts, many issues are not fixed if you don't update. Keeping current on your updates gets you a discounted price to the Ask A Tech forum where you can post and answer technical questions about specific jobs. The Ethos is SO's entry level scanner but does not contain all of the features that the rest do, such as bi-directional controls and the Troubleshooter. Stepping up to the Modis will get you the 4 channel lab scope and the component test meter files for testing individual components and systems. This can be had by buying a Vantage Pro but it only has 2 channels. The information in them is the same.

Comment

Working...