Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buick
    • Nov 2007

97 grand prix gt drl / blower motor trouble

have a 97 grand prix gt had a bad blower motor resistor changed that but still does not work 1-4 but when you go to 5 the blower motor works
    but when in 1-4 it shuts off the drl headlights and you can hear the relay in the drl module click when you switch to off or 5 lights come back on
    when you unplug either the resistor or motor the lights function normal and it has the power and ground just seems like when it starts drawing amps it happens
    tried tapping on the motor just for giggles i do have signal on 1-4 from the switches to the resistor
    jw if anyone has ran across this or ideas i seen 2 circuits related to each other with drl and blower motor
  • buick
    • Nov 2007

ok i do no its related to the power from the brown wire coming in from the switch it will not allow any amps to pass through i hooked a light up to it and it kicks it so i no its nothing in the switch, resistor,blower motor and not ground related on the motor side it does switch the hvac control and dic/ hvac circ (atleast to the fuse box) to grounds when a load is on it i used a test light, has power put a load on it switches to ground, havent looked at power distribution yet

Comment

• Cody
      • Oct 2009

I have seen this problem a few times before on GM products, 9 times out of 10 you will need to replace the ignition switch.

Comment

• Cody
        • Oct 2009

Sorry, forgot to mention that I have also seen corrosion and shorts inside fuse box. Hope that helps.....

Comment

• buick
          • Nov 2007

thanks checked that after i posted had another car to work on but yeah it was the ignitions switch

Comment

• chitnew09
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

97 grand prix gt drl / blower motor trouble

On my 91 passat 1,8, my Blower fan works on and off, number 2 and 4 speeds.
            I think theres problem inside the control knob. Any ideas on how to fix it ?
            Mcjensen

Comment

• crzydrvr
              • Oct 2008

I have seen this in the past. What I have found to be the problem is the climate control, control module. I may have the exact name wrong but you get the idea. Hope this helps. Let us know how this turns out for you.

Comment

Working...