SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

If you are interested, the WEBER AUTO youtube channel has been running a series of videos dissecting and explaining the drivetrain and electrical components of a 2017 Chevy BOLT. The videos are informative and professionally done as well as very detailed. Weber Auto is Weber State University. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtr...sUwVJjL8Kw_q5A

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Nice Find Bob

If you are interested, the WEBER AUTO youtube channel has been running a series of videos dissecting and explaining the drivetrain and electrical components of a 2017 Chevy BOLT. The videos are informative and professionally done as well as very detailed. Weber Auto is Weber State University. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtr...sUwVJjL8Kw_q5A
      12-08-2018 06:53 PM
      I watched one about the CVT transmission belt construction so far

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

I understand that Ford is trying to avoid using text in it's repair info. I'm just not sure if the image in the upper left is supposed to be an eyeball or something wedged between someones butt cheeks ?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I understand that Ford is trying to avoid using text in it's repair info. I'm just not sure if the image in the upper left is supposed to be an eyeball or something wedged between someones butt cheeks ?
          Lol, maybe a fender washer is used as a line up tool for a lubed up harbor freight sewer camera

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Had a 2014 Chrysler Town and Country with an extended crank time before starting, about 5 seconds or so mostly when the engine was cold. Once started everything ran fine, good power and no codes. So I first checked the fuel pressure, around 55 PSI immediately at cranking and the pressure held when the engine was shut off. When I went to bleed off my pressure gage I noticed an rancid smell and very clear coloured gas. Hmmm ? Maybe bad gas ? This is a flex fuel vehicle so maybe it starts hard then the fuel trims adjust so no codes ? So for comparison reasons I got some known good gas to check the odor and visual difference. I drained the tank and refilled with good gas. Test drove and let sit for a day. Problem solved, starts quick and easy. Still not sure what that clear looking stuff is ?
            Attached Files

Comment

• BRIAN617
              • Dec 2016

Bob, I've seen in a somewhat different scenario where my customer had assumed they had got bad gas and poured so much injector cleaner, heat and who knows what other additives in the fuel tank that it diluted the fuel in the tank. Of course it was a UTV with a much smaller tank (10 gallons) but you never know?

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

I'm replacing the timing chains on a 2010 Cadillac SRX 2.8 turbo. After I got the valve covers off I noticed this rust ring on some of the cam lobes mostly on the rear head exhaust cam but some on the intake cam as well. Front head is OK. What you think ? Call it and replace cams or engine. Or continue on ? I think its been running a bit dry back there.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Glide
                  • Jan 2015

I'm replacing the timing chains on a 2010 Cadillac SRX 2.8 turbo. After I got the valve covers off I noticed this rust ring on some of the cam lobes mostly on the rear head exhaust cam but some on the intake cam as well. Front head is OK. What you think ? Call it and replace cams or engine. Or continue on ? I think its been running a bit dry back there.
                  If it were me I'd replace the engine.Who needs comebacks?
                  Timing chains,cams,gaskets,etc.,adds up fast.

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Hear a Chain rattling Did you check the hot oil pressure?

Comment

• Glide
                      • Jan 2015

With HFV6 I would guess he had codes P0008,P0009,P0016,P0017,P0018,P0019,one or more of these,and has also checked the reluctor wheel on the crank.
                      PIP5215G is also worth a look.

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

If it were my own car to play with I think I would just get a few new hydraulic lash adjuster and roller rockers and clean the affected lobes off with scotch brite and wipe clean. Maybe change the oil and filter and momentarily start engine with the one or two affected lash adjusters out to see if the oil gushing out from the lash adjuster hole galleys flushes out some sh@t , then reinstall the new lash adjusters and roller rockers. After running ,I try use the scan tool to actuate the Camshaft actuators fully a few times each and see if possibly some sh@t dislodges and motor quiets down and runs better.

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

Put a new chain kit on it, that took care of the cam codes. Customer declined replacing the engine. Been a month and haven't heard back. Maybe they got rid of it and made it someone else's problem. Interesting that the rust was only in the center of the cam lobe, must be concave to trap oil ? no rust on the followers.

Comment

• greasybob
                            • May 2008

More fun !!! I have a 15 F450 with a 6.7 that's locked up. The truck has dump box that over hangs the cab. So lifting the cab so I can get the oil pan off and release the locked up bearing so I can access the torque converter bolts might be a bit of a challenge.

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

More fun !!! I have a 15 F450 with a 6.7 that's locked up. The truck has dump box that over hangs the cab. So lifting the cab so I can get the oil pan off and release the locked up bearing so I can access the torque converter bolts might be a bit of a challenge.
                              LOL, Sounds like a Turd Job. If that box is full of Horse Manure, I would suddenly become "Dumber than a Box of Rocks."

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

I usually don't have to play dumb, it's a natural talent.

Comment

Working...