Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Engine coolant temp PID?

My Verus Edge 21.2 is not showing a engine coolant temp PID on a 2016 Ford F150 2.7L ecoboost. It does show cylinder head temp, but I can not find the engine coolant temp PID. I wandered through all the live data menus and couldn't track it down. Is this just a hole in the coverage or am I just missing it?
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

I'm pretty sure cylinder head temp is synonymous with engine coolant temp with some (most) Fords. Just checked a 14 Flex and its the same, no Coolant temp pid just a cylinder head temp.

edit..... May have spoke too soon, the 2.7 does have a coolant sensor along with a cylinder head temp sensor.

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Inspecting the wiring diagrams for these ecoboosts and they show two separate sensors, engine coolant temp & cylinder head temp.

Comment

• Modis500
        • Sep 2012

Matt,

Bob is right on this one. I did a cylinder head job on a '15 Ecoboost 2.3 Explorer and the only ECT number I could find was the Cyl Head Temp PID. I don't know why they don't offer both, other than one may be redundant for testing purposes. Most of us would like to see Head and Block temp, along with radiator inlet temp, but that won't happen on standard OE ECU's. Anywho, hope this helps

Tom
        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
        Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...