Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coolen
    • Nov 2021

Apollo d8

Could someone please advise whether or not the d8 can perform a steering angle sensor reset on a 2011 f150 5.0..?

I just updated, got a truck at the shop that the rack was replaced, but steering angle is off. I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you!
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Check this, it might help https://productforum.autorepairdata....ead.php?t=9062

Comment

• Coolen
      • Nov 2021

Thanks for the link...I tired it...twice. no go, wheel straight, -40deg...

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Do you have a code ? Which module are you reading the data from ?

Comment

• Coolen
          • Nov 2021

I can see the angle position in the data stream for the pscm....

I talked to a snap on diagnostics guy...he confirmed I cannot do this procedure to the ford. Great, it's 10 years old. Just have to tell the customer to hit up the dealer urrghhhh. Great for business.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

According to the module configuration chart in ShopKey there is no calibration or module set up required for the Electronic Power steering Module, only a PMI or flash to the vehicle it is being installed in with the J2534. The stability control IVD only resets the ABS/Traction Control. Does the ABS data show 0 degrees when the steering wheel is straight ? The only other thing I could suggest is turning the wheel lock to lock and returning it to center.

Comment

• Coolen
              • Nov 2021

That's what I'm after is zero deg in the straight position. Straight ahead is -40deg. I have done it recently for other vehicles, but not for this truck!

I'll definitely try lock to lock.....

Comment

• Coolen
                • Nov 2021

That's what I'm after is zero deg in the straight position. Straight ahead is -40deg. I have done it recently for other vehicles, but not for this truck!

I'll definitely try lock to

Comment

Working...