Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Dave
    • Nov 2010

vacum testing/how and is it useful

In reading some old post I see thepressure tranducer is not realling for vacuum? Then is vacuum testing useful in any way? And is there a way I can doo it even though snapon deems it not useful? I saw a post where the guy mensioned putting togather something to work . I also saw stuff about using a map sensor.... If in fact theses test could help aid in diagnostics can anyone teach me how to set up/build or buy equiptment ,?
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Dave

Snap-on does make a sensor that is good for vacuum but it is pricey

21509001.BMP

I have used the First Look sensor by SenX Technology for over 10 years now. If works great but have a very big learning curve. Their website has several videos on how it works and I have used it with my Verus and Modis.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

What's wrong with a vacuum gauge?

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

Kind of a pain to time vacuum gauge readings against valve timing events and record that for reference against other known good or failure patterns and keep for future reference.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by GypsyR
          Kind of a pain to time vacuum gauge readings against valve timing events and record that for reference against other known good or failure patterns and keep for future reference.
          To what purpose? What type of failure would you be looking for?

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Glide
            To what purpose? What type of failure would you be looking for?
            Here you go Scott, from the SenX website, go to case studies and then worn cam and lifters

Comment

Working...